Friday, August 10, 2012

Celebrating 10 Years!

Today, August 10th, Josh and I are celebrating 10 years of marriage.  It amazes me that 10 years have gone by already...sometimes it seems like we only got married a few weeks ago!  I feel extremely blessed to have Josh as my husband.  He is smart and funny, loving and kind.  He loves me for the person I am, even with all of my flaws.  He has been my rock when it feels like the earth is crumbling beneath my feet.  He encourages me to be the best I can be.  I am a better person because of him and I love him more than I can express.  Josh and I have been a couple for 16 years...half of our lives, how many people can say that at the age of 32?  I feel so fortunate that everyday, I get to wake up next to my best friend and the love of my life.

Our journey throughout the years has had its ups and downs.  In the last 365 days we have experienced the most thrilling moment of our lives and also the absolute worst.  I don't know what the next ten years of marriage holds for us, but I do know, that whatever comes our way, Josh and I will be side by side supporting and loving each other every step of the way. 

Here are some pictures of us throughout the years...starting with our very first date in 1996 (Sorry for some of the picture quality...cameras have really advanced in 16 years!)

Josh and I on our first date, QHS Homecoming 1996. 

Homecoming 1996.  Josh and I "officially" started dating the next day, October 6th.  The conversation went like this...Friend "So, are you guys dating or what?"  Josh "I don't know...do you want to?"  Me "Sure, I guess"...kind of a lame start to our romance!  LOL!

QHS Winter Dance 1996

How nerdy are we?  LOL!  I'm pretty sure this was our 1 year dating anniversary date...October 1997

Kibbe 1997...Ecology Club trip.  One of our teachers, Mr. Hadley said to us "I can tell you guys will be together for a long time"...how right he was! 

Josh and I on his motorcycle...my mom hated it!  Sometimes we didn't wear the helmets...ahhh to be young and fearless again! 1998
QHS Winter Dance 1997


QHS Prom 1998. 

Graduation from QHS, 1998. 

In front of the fireplace at Bass Pro Shops in Springfield, MO.  1999

New Year's Eve, 1999 - 2000.  We've rang in the New Years with a kiss since 1996, never a year apart!
Colorado Trip with Josh's dad, Jeff.  2000

Christmas 2000
Dinner out together during University, 2001

Hiking at HaHa Tonka State Park in Missouri...a camping trip with our good friends Jamie and Ben!  Autumn of 2001.  Josh asked me to marry him on Christmas Eve 2001 and of course, I said yes!
Our wedding day, August 10, 2002.  Best day of my life! 
Honeymoon in Florida, 2002

1st year Anniversary in Jamaica.  Celebrated and vacationed with our good friends Jamie and Ben!

Josh graduated in 2003 with his Masters Degree from MSU

Our first house, purchased in 2004.  And our cute and cuddly dog Harley joined our family. 
One first Pumpkin Carving Party in the Autumn of 2005

Thanksgiving 2006

Our 5 year Anniversary trip to to the St. James winery area, 2006.
Josh's birthday, 2007

My sister's wedding rehearsal, 2007.
10 year High School Reunion, 2008. 

My cousin Missy's wedding (August 9th!) 2008
Our amazing southwest road trip.  Joshua Tree National Park, 2009.

My birthday, 2009.
Christmas 2010

Orlando trip (we are on a air boat going through the swamps) 2010
A friends wedding in Quincy...also the day that we made it public that we were moving to England! 2011

Our first visit to London!  We had a few days to explore and try to find a flat.  2011
My brother's wedding, 2012.

Paris, 2012.

Stonehenge, 2012

Amsterdam, 2012

Venice, 2012
10 years of marriage
9 job changes
8 countries visited
7 years of home ownership
6 years of craft shows
5 businesses
4 addresses
3 chickens
2 continents
1 Harley dog :)

Here's to another 10 years together...and many more after that! 
Rachel



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this milestone and spending half your lives together! Your relationship should be inspiration to many, as it is very rare these days! Enjoy your day together!
~Jessica Dedert

Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW! What a terrific blog! I am so proud of you two! Love you both! Grandma D

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Rachel and Josh! I'm tearing up here at work while I read your story and see those pictures of your life together. Time goes by so fast...wasn't it just yesterday that you were climbing up on my lap at night to rock you to sleep?

I'm so very proud of you both and filled with happiness for you.

Love,
Dad

Mom said...

Awh, I loved this blog too, great pic's of you two throughout these last 10 years. May God Bless you with many more years together. Love you Guys. Happy Anniversary. PS. I was so happy when Josh got rid of that motorcycle!!

Anonymous said...

Aww what a sweet post! Happy anniversary! I loved reading about your relationship and life together. You are a very special couple. Love you guys very much!

Love,
Amanda

Shannon said...

I love the pictures. If there is such a thing as soul mates, you guys are it.