Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas, New Years & More

For whatever reason...maybe it is just laziness...but I am so far behind in blogging!  Luckily, my favorite sister-in-law Amanda is not as lazy as I.  Therefore...here are the links to her Christmas and New Years Blogs, in which, Josh and I are heavily involved!

Christmas  via the Wild Newlywed Yonder

Our Christmas with the Holbrook's in Chippenham was super fun and as British as we could get!  We played games, took some funny yet slightly inappropriate pictures, ate and drank and just generally had a great time.

Feeding the horses (feeding Hercules to the horses?) on Christmas Day in Chippenham
Amanda checking out a hedgerow.  

Josh and I on Boxing day in Bury St. Edmunds

New Years via the Wild Newlywed Yonder

For New Years, Samanda, Josh and I, and our friends Sveta and Daniel had some appetizers at our flat then traveled down to the Thames for dessert and drinks at a pub, then jostled our way through the crowds for a viewing spot on Lambeth bridge.  We saw the fireworks really well!

Sveta, Amanda and I on Lambeth Bridge




Josh and I, NYE 2012

Josh and Sam with their cigars :)
The day after NYE, Samanda, Josh and I  went to a rain exhibit at the Barbican Centre.  The rain installation is pretty cool.  The concept is that when you walk through the rain, a device senses your movement and it stops raining where you are, but still rains around you.  It was pretty neat actually!

Samanda on the bus (mom and dad's favorite seats!)

Josh and Amanda in the rain room

Josh, getting mostly not wet.  
Since Sam and Amanda left, Josh and I have been busy working and planning upcoming trips.  I finally joined a gym over here and I'm excited to start some classes.  I'm really looking forward to 2013 and feel like it is going to be another great year for the Baird's!

Rach xoxo

1 comment:

Samanda Holbrook said...

I am so glad we got to spend Christmas and New Years with you guys!! Can't wait to celebrate Sam's bday with you this weekend! Love you!!

Amanda