Monday, October 20, 2014

Keeping up is hard with no internet at home...

The last few months have been a blur.  I can't believe we have been living back in America for five months already!  Where in the heck did the time go???  A lot of our time has been spent working...of course...and completing projects around the house/farm.  Josh has spent most of his free time for the last 6 weeks trying to complete our garage and it is finally pretty much done.  I need to take pics of it to show off...it looks great!  I have been painting, canning, making curtains and landscaping and helping Josh out when I can. When we haven't been at work or at home working we have been trying to make time to go out with friends and spend time with family.  Sometimes I miss those nights back in London when we didn't have any commitments or projects to do!  Here are some picture highlights of our activities for the last few months!

  For my birthday, my mom, sister and two fun aunts went to some wineries near St. Louis.  We had a lot of laughs!  Too bad it was so freaking hot!
 





 
In early August I drove up to Kansas City to visit the family that I used to nanny for in London.  It was so amazing to see them!  I love these kiddos!  It took me a few minutes to get used to their accents again :) 
 

Sally and I

Me with the total cuties, Isis and Rex
 
How adorable is he!?
 
Such a sweet and talented girl!

In September, we helped run the poker stand at church and Josh's mom came to visit to help us pick apples off of our trees. 

 

 


 









We attended the Springfield Oktoberfest, which was really nothing like the real Oktoberfest except for the fact they had beer!  Still fun though!




So far in October me and the girls went to see the play Mary Poppins downtown at the Landers Theatre and a few days later we watched Hazel perform her first poem at Broadway Babies.  She did so well!  Josh and I also drove down near Branson with my parents to visit a distillery for a tasting and tour.  Delish!









Next week is our Fall party, we have a lot of Quincy peeps coming down for it...can't wait! 
Rachel
 
 
 
 

No comments: